16.6.10

~Lavendel

Ladies fair, I bring to you
lavender with spikes of blue;
sweeter plant was never found
growing on our English ground.

~ Caryl Battersby 

lavender

 Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When you are King, dilly dilly, I'll be your queen,
Who told me so, dilly dilly, how can I know,
I told myself, dilly dilly, love told me so.

~ Traditional Song, circa 1680
Illustration by Cicely Mary Barker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cicely Mary Barker was born on 28 June, 1895
in Croyden, Surrey, England~
She died in Worthing, 16 february 1973

Her pictures of fairies and sprites are beautiful
and known throughout the world and
her fairy drawings and pictures were based on
plants and flowers and her study of children.

author

2 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

Lavender is the loveliest flower :O) The smell of summer! Thanks, Anna :O)

BeluBelloBelle zei

love this one Anna. Wow her bday near mine hehehe - humm cool.