3.1.10

~Sunday Poem

trapped

Sometimes in the evening when love
tunes it's harp and the crickets
celebrate life, I am like a troubadour
in search of friends, loved ones,
anyone who will share with me
a bit of conversation. My loneliness
arrives ghostlike and pretentious
it seeks my soul, it is ravenous
and hurting. I admire my father
who always had advice in these matters,
but a game of chess won't do, or
the frivolity of religion.

I want to find a solution, so I
write letters, poems, and sometimes
I touch solitude on the shoulder
and surrender to a great tranquility.
I understand I need courage
and sometimes, mysteriously,
I feel Whole.

A poem by Luis Omar Salinas
Digital Art by Mahmood al Khaja

3 opmerkingen:

Kas zei

My cat loved the vocals on your site of birds, I thought there was a bird inside the house. A gorgeous blog!!!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com zei

Beautiful poem Miss Anna. Are you ready for this new year, 2010? Is Remy? My family is coming for dinner but I wanted to visit you.I'll be back.


cindy@stitches

June zei

Anna this poem spoke to my heart and sometimes in the solitude of Sundays I can recharge and refocus too.
Just beautiful; Happy New Year to you too my friend!
hugs